Pagina's

vrijdag, maart 31, 2017

Almost April

April, dear April, I beg you come soon –

And bring your sweet primroses too.

Let them join in with the daffodils’ play,

As skies offer sunshine anew.




April, dear April, my blessed spring child,

Ornate in your yellow and white,

Teasing the birds into trilling their songs

And dancing to music of flight.




April, dear April, come enter my dreams

And rid me from cold winter chills.

Banish the rain and those blustery winds

And warm up our countryside hills. 



April, dear April, I know you can’t stay -

You have to move on ‘till next year.

And though I shall cherish the glory of summer,

You’ll always be my month most dear.
 


2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Mooi hoor. Ja, april alweer. Groetjes Wilma

Magpie's Mumblings zei

Such pretty pinwheel flowers! Must take lots of patience to create them, but they are so worth the time.