Pagina's

zondag, januari 17, 2010

Miao patchwork



The first time I found the Miao patchwork was in the museum in Leeuwarden there was a exhibition about the history of quilts
here were costumes of the miao people and I was in love, so beautiful and I wanted to know about this technique of patchwork and embroidery.
Well yesterday was the big day and what a day it was

A workshop given by Ien Rappoldt was a great pleasure she is a great story teller, she goes every year to the miao people to learn from them .

5 opmerkingen:

Sandra zei

Leuk Emmy. Ben nieuwsgierig wat je er van opgestoken hebt!

Pat zei

These people are wonderful. Ruth Smith, in england also visits regularly. I heard her lecture about two years ago and I have her book "Folded Secrets". I have made these for gifts.

verobirdie zei

Oh Emmy, I'm green with envy! You sure had a great time.

MafiosaGrrl zei

Gorgeous!

marjolijn zei

Wat leuk Emmy, deze cursus heb ik een week later ook gevolgd in Borger. Wat geweldig om te doen en vooral het enthousiasme van Ien was een feest.
Ik woon trouwens ook in het noorden des lands.
En wat een leuke dingen heb je gemaakt. Ik ben op je weblog gekomen via de linocutting group van Dijanne Cevaal.
groetjes,
Marjolijn